COMVITA Propolis Extract Alcohol-Free contains Propolis, which is created by bees from the natural resin produced by trees as part of their defence system. Honeybees collect the resin, mix in beeswax and enzymes, and use it to protect the hive.
Comvita Propolis Extract helps maintain a healthy immune system and supports oral hygiene. Propolis contains a range of bioflavonoids with well known antioxidant properties.
Comvita's PFL stands for Propolis Flavonoid Level and refers to the flavonoid content found in 1ml of Propolis Extract. PFL 15 delivers at least 15mg of Propolis flavonoids per 1ml.
Ingredients(Each 1.0mL contains):
Propylene glycol, Propolis extract (equivalent to 106mg pure Propolis)
- Immune Health: Mix 10ml in water and swallow, twice daily
- Oral Hygiene: Mix 0.5ml in water, rinse around mouth and swallow, twice daily.
- Propolis may cause severe allergic reactions. If irritation or swelling of the mouth or throat occurs, discontinue use and consult a healthcare practitioner.
- Not suitable for infants under the age of two years.
- PREGNANT OR LACTATING WOMEN: Consult your healthcare practitioner before use.
- Please store below 30°C or 86°F.
- Store out of reach of young children.
What is Propolis?
Propolis or bee glue is a resinous mixture that honey bees produce by mixing saliva and beeswax with exudate gathered from tree buds, sap flows, or other botanical sources. It is used as a sealant for unwanted open spaces, prevent diseases and parasites from entering the hive.
Propolis has been used as a traditional health product for centuries, to treat sores, ulcers and coughs by the Greeks, and for oral infections. Recent research presents that high-quality Propolis provides broad-spectrum support for health, and has potential therapeutic use in the areas of:
· Immune health
· Antioxidant protection
· Gastrointestinal health
· Oral health
· Respiratory health
· Wound healing and skin health
· Bone and joint care
· Blood sugar management
Modern scientific research confirms the protective properties of Propolis can provide significant support for human health.
References: 11 Wonderful Benefits Of Propolis / The Benefits and Uses of Propolis / Manuka Health Science / Manuka Health Propolis / Wikipedia
please visit Official Comvita Webpage to get further information