HealthUP Policosanol Omega 3 Plus Vitamin D consists of policosanol, odourless fish oil, essential fatty acids and Vitamin D - to support cardiovascular health and improve cholesterol by lowering LDL ("bad cholesterol") and raising HDL ("good cholesterol"). The policosanol in this product is derived from natural sugar cane wax and each capsule also contains 2000mg of odourless fish oil which gives a double strength source of omega 3. Medical researches have shown that omega 3 fatty acids and policosanol may reduce of secondary and heart attack.
Indication for use:
- Support for healthy cholesterol levels
- Enhance stamina
- Take one capsule daily with food or as directed by your health professional. However, you can take two capsules for better effect. It's better to take after dinner.
Ingredients (as daily dosage):
|Natural Fish Oil Concentrate
(Equivalent to 2,000mg fish oil)
(EPA 360mg Eicosapentaenoic Acid)
(DHA 240mg Docosahexaenoic Acid)
|Sugar Cane Wax(Octacosanol 60%)
|Equivalent to Vitamin D3
* Contains NO ADDED artificial colouring, flavouring, preservatives, gluten, sugar, yeast, nuts, dairy, wheat, corn, soy
- Do not take if you are pregnant or breast-feeding
- Bleeding disorders: Policosanol can slow blood clotting and might increase the chance of bleeding in people with bleeding disorders
- Surgery: Policosanol can slow blood clotting. There is a concern that it might increase the chance of extra bleeding during and after surgery. Stop using policosanol at least 2 weeks before a scheduled surgery
- store in a cool dry place below 30°C and avoid direct sunlight
- Keep out of reach of children
- Do not use if blister seal is broken
Made in New Zealand
What is Policosanol?
Policosanol, a dietary supplement, is a mixture of alcohols isolated from sugar cane wax. It contains about 60 percent octacosanol. Other names for policosanol include Octacosanol, 1-Octacosanol, N-Octacosanol, and Octacosyl Alcohol.
one a review of 22 studies involving nearly 1,900 people published in 2017, reported that sugar cane policosanol could significantly reduce total cholesterol and LDL cholesterol and increase HDL "good" cholesterol; no significant effects were observed on triglyceride and body weight. However, researchers concluded that because of the differences in the study designs, the better treatment effects observed in the studies from Cuba, and the inconsistent dose-response relationship, more clinical trials are needed to confirm the efficacy of policosanol on high cholesterol.
References : The Health Benefits of Policosanol
Please visit Official HealthUP website to get further information